Friday, December 12, 2014
Rebecca Top 5
1. Update Manager. In 17.1 the way packages appear in the Update Manager change. Rather than having 20 or more package updates, they are grouped together as updates. I think this is a great improvement, but I am sure there are some haters who see this as Linux Mint's System D.
2. Window List. Window List with App Groupings was not working for me in 17.0, after a clean install it began working for me in Rebecca. It offers some dock like functionality contrained in a panel. I love the previews especially for multiple windows.
3. Nemo Folders - I love how you can now change the colors of folders in Nemo.
4. Themes - Looks like the theme interface has been totally re-done and I love it. For all the green haters out there, you can choose Mint-X in multiple colors. The interface also makes it real simple to change from one theme to another.
5. Backgrounds - This is a new feature that could be easy to miss. An option in the new interface allows you to set a time duration between backgrounds.